2 Day Course
The goals of the Dimensional Modeling training course are:
- To provide the building blocks to design a dimensional model for a data warehouse.
- To discuss specific techniques that resolve the multiple modeling challenges faced in design time.
- To obtain practical dimensional modeling experience through the labs included in the training.
- BI Consultants – raise dimensional modeling skills to advanced level.
- IT Consultants – understand what is behind dimensional modeling with a hands-on training.
Basic data modeling knowledge will help you to quickly understand the different concepts.
Dimensional Modeling is offered in English and Spanish (training material is only available in English).
- BI System Architecture.
- Dimensional Modeling Concepts.
- Fact Table Types.
- Design Methodology.
- Surrogate Keys.
- Degenerated Dimensions.
- Dimension Hierarchies.
- Conforming Dimensions.
- Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Role Playing Dimensions.
- Multiple Levels of Granularity.
- Multiple Currencies & Units of Measure.
- Junk Dimensions.
- Date & Time Dimensions.
- Performance Implications.