2 Day Course
The goals of the ETL Design training course are:
- To understand the different phases of an ETL process.
- To provide the techniques to design an ETL.
- To discuss the challenges to be faced during an ETL and provide design solutions to each of them to prevent any issue.
- To introduce metadata and effective metadata management.
- BI Consultants – understand the specifics of each ETL block and component, and get the tools to overcome the technical difficulties to be found in each of them.
- IT Project Managers – get an idea of the cost involved in an ETL design to better estimate and manage your BI project.
Basic dimensional modeling knowledge is needed to enrol this course.
ETL Design is offered in English and Spanish (training material is only available in English).
Architecture of a BI system
Definition and Objectives of an ETL
- Logical Data Map.
- Data Profiling.
- Data Analysis.
- Data Cleaning.
- Data Quality.
- Match & Deduplication.
- Dimension Tables.
- Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Fact Tables.
- Mapping & workflow definition.
Real-Time ETL Systems
SDE & SIL Design.
ETL Best Practices